Saturday, December 8, 2012

Alternative Protein

So in my attempt at budgeting and saving money for my family...I need to figure out some frugal / yummy protein alternatives.  

The cost of good meat is just getting too expensive most of the time.  Every once in a while I can find boneless/skinless chicken breast on sale for a good price.  But once we run out of what I have in the freezer, I have to check the adds weekly waiting for it to go on sale again.

And good quality ground beef seems to never go on sale anymore.  So I've been forced to start to pay the higher prices and it makes our budget suffer.

So I'm in search of some alternatives to meat protein to add to our meals.  

I came across this list that lists practically every food that contains protein alphabetically.
And then this website has the foods separated by category.  And if you look around the website you can find  some extra info too.

There are some foods that have decent amounts of protein that I didn't expect!

Let me know if you have any tips or recipes that you guys use.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I know I have some non meat higher protein recipes, I will look at my list and get back to you :) Iknow how hard it can be to save money what with meat being so expensive.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Related Posts with Thumbnails