Thursday, June 21, 2012

My First Garden

I finally got a garden!!!

I told Matt when we just friends, before we started dating, that I wanted to have a small farm someday.  I have always been a country girl at heart.  Then when I was 16 and moved to Minnesota and actually got the chance to live on a farm, I knew that was what I wanted.  

Well, when Matt and I got married we bought a condo pretty much downtown Salt Lake and I said "bye-bye" to my farm.  After four years we finally bought a home that has a yard!

It's not a big yard by any means, but it is big enough to have a small garden.


So Matt agreed to help dig up the back strip of grass so I could start planting.  I'm so grateful for his hard work because I got so tired after the 1/3 that I dug up.

This is our neighbor's cat who always walks along the back wall.  She thinks she owns the place or something.

Rayelle helping me plant the veggies.

Cason just chilled in his bouncer.

Then Rayelle decided to plant a tool garden.



We planted cucumbers, 2 tomatoes, 2 pumpkins, jalapenos, red & green peppers, and 3 strawberries.  I'm excited to see what we grow this year.  



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts with Thumbnails