Friday, June 22, 2012

Book Review: The Frog Princess

The Frog Princess
E. D. Baker

I checked out this book when we went to check out the Orem library not too long after we moved here.  It was about a month ago that I finished it now.  Anyways, we were wandering around and it caught my eye.  Turns out that it's the book that the Disney movie "The princess and the Frog" was loosely based off of.



Emeralda, aka Emma, is the only princess in Greater Greensward. But she is clumsy with everything, including the magic touch she inherited from the first green witch centuries back, and has a laugh like a foghorn. When her mother says she has to marry the stuck-up Prince Jorge from East Aradia, her worst enemy, she runs off to the swamp where she meets Prince Eadric of Upper Montevista. The only problem is that he has been turned into a frog by the witch Mudine. Emma kisses him and tries to reverse the spell, but her whole life changes when she turns into a frog. Emma and Eadric set off to find the witch that turned him into a frog and ask her to change them back. With what little magic Emma has learned from her Aunt Grassina, the current Green Witch, Emma tries to save Eadric and herself.

I enjoyed it.  It was funny in parts and kept me interested the whole time.  Partly because I wanted to see how the movie went along with the movie.  But after starting, I quickly realized that when the say it was "loosely" based off the book, they mean loosely.

I liked the creatures, the witches, and the touch of romance that is inevitable in a girly book. :)

All in all, I would recommend it.  I've started reading the second part and it's pretty cute as well.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts with Thumbnails