Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Menu Planning Tip

In case you're wondering how I choose my meals, I plan my meals around what produce is on sale.  That's why in one week you'll see the same produce repeated so often.  For instance, this week strawberries ($.98 lb), pineapple ($.98 each), carrots ($.33 lb), cucumbers ($.16 each) and romain lettuce ($.50 each) were on sale.  Just a way that we save money.

And for the meat, Whenever beef, chicken, ham or sausage goes on sale for a great price, I buy in bulk and freeze it to use whenever it works for us.

And for the weeks when there aren't any good fresh produce sales, I have frozen veggies that I can use.  I bought a bunch when the 1 lb. bags went on sale for $.69 each. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts with Thumbnails