Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Deceptively Delicious Rice Balls

Tried another new recipe.

Not one of my best endeavoured.
 
I ordered the cookbook, "Deceptively Delicious" about a year ago. And never did anything with it. My reasoning was that I needed a good food processor to make the purees required. I finally got a "Magic Bullet" after Christmas. We found it online for only $25! And it came with the full-size blender and the juicer.

So now I'm ready to make some new recipes.
Last night I tried to make the "Rice Balls". They sounded yummy with rice, chicken, cheese, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and bread crumbs. They were supposed to look like this:

And this is how mine turned out:

I couldn't get my balls to roll in the bread crumbs without them falling apart. After thinking about this, I realized that i had forgotten to add the milk to the breading mixture.

The kids didn't like it, but I did! Not sure if I will attempt this one again.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Just made these and realized the instructions in the book were a little weird. What you have to do it dip the rolled rice/chicken balls into the egg/veggie wash and then "roll" them in the breadcrumbs in a separate dish. No milk goes into the breadcrumbs. Easiest thing to do is have a shallow dish of breadcrumbs and set the dipped ball in it and sort of coat it with the crumbs without rolling, so it doesn't squish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know how it went for you! Glad you figured it out ;)

      Delete

Total Pageviews

Related Posts with Thumbnails