Monday, September 26, 2011

Menu Planning

I am so excited that I have made a menu for the last two weeks.  Last week was the first time I made a menu in a while.  And I actually stuck to it pretty well.  It helped out a ton to know what I was going to be making...no last minute stressing.  And it especially helped out with the budget!  I somehow started running out of money with 2 weeks left of the month!  So I really needed to use what we had on hand.  Which consisted of 1 lb ground beef and 2 frozen chicken breast.  Hmmm...



So here are the menus I decided on for last week
(September 19 - 25)

Monday - Crock-pot Rotel Chicken - salad

Tuesday - Refried Bean Quesadillas - tomatos

Wednesday - whatever since Matt goes straight to class after work

Thursday - Chicken Parmasean - corn cobs

Friday - Fish Sticks - grapes

Saturday - Potato Soup - corn, cucumber

Sunday - dinner w/ extended family
September 26 - October 2

Monday - Turkey Burgers - avocado, carrots

Tuesday - Fried Rice w/ Deviled Eggs - veggies included

Wednesday - Potato Soup (frozen leftovers) - veggie tbd

Thursday - Crock-Pot Rotel Chicken (frozen leftovers) - veggie tbd

Friday - Pizza - veggie tbd

Saturday - Fried Rice (leftovers)



It's nothing fancey...especially this since we had to use what we had in the house.  But it gets us through.  Next month I'll plan better and maybe have a few meals that are a little more jazzy.  
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts with Thumbnails