Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chocolate Truffle Torte

     So, I believe I have mentioned before that I love to try new recipes.  And if not, well now you know.  Probably, the most horrible part about this is the fact that I like to try the new recipes out on other people!  I know that most people want to do a test run before they serve their new creations to others, but I figure if I'm going to go through the trouble of preparing something extravagant, then other people might as well "enjoy" the fruits of my labors!

     Yesterday we celebrated my birthday with my mother-in-law and Matt's immediate family.  And well, I had a pint of heavy whipping cream that was going out of date that I needed to use.  So I decided to make a dessert to take over.  Why not?  And I was recently given a new cookbook for my birthday where I found a yummy looking treat that I could use the cream for!





It's not the prettiest creation, but the cream go too stiff and was hard to spread.  But notice that the bottom layer is cake, then a layer of cream, then another layer of cake, and finally the top layer of cream.  Yummy!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts with Thumbnails